ASTM A333/ASME SA333: Seamless and Welded Steel Pipe for Low-Temperature ServiceStandard: ASTM A333/ASME SA333
Effortlessly supply different kinds of low-temperature carbon steel pipes, such as Grade 1, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10 and Grade 11.
Introduction ASTM A333/ASME SA333 seamless and welded steel pipe is produced by adopting seamless or no additional filler metal welding system. This standard applies to low temperature seamless and welded carbon steel and alloy steel pipes with nominal (average) wall thickness. This type of low-temperature carbon steel pipe can be applied in fertilizer equipment and other cold equipment.
- Heat Treatment
- The thermal treatment of ASTM A333/ASME SA333 welded steel pipe is quite complicated .. There are different heat treatment strategies to different grades. JST configures micro oxidation and non-oxidation heat treatment furnace in this low-temperature carbon steel pipe. It offers desired temperature in numerous heat treatment modes, making the pipe surface smooth with no oxidation, thereby boosting the life of welded steel pipe.
- Mechanical Test
- JST chooses one or two low-temperature carbon steel pipes and does flattening test, flaring test and hardness test respectively. Based on the standard requirements, we really do not do flaring ensure that you flattening test 1 side welded steel pipe simultaneously. JST can also do hydrostatic test or non-destructive electrical measuring test based mostly on customer’s requirements. When the amount of seamless pipes is lower than 50, we will select one pipe to do tensile test, while for more than 50 low-temperature carbon steel pipes, we choose two pipes to do tensile test.
- Technological Advantage
- Our company has professional inspectors for welded steel pipes. They have appropriate qualification certificates and can make use of the appropriate professional equipment to complete previously mentioned test. JST will conduct a monthly professional training to ensure they master more advanced testing methods help make the detection of low-temperature carbon steel pipe more accurate and its performance more stable.
Specifications of ASTM A333/ASME SA333 Seamless Welded Steel Pipe
1. Chemical Composition Parameters
2. Mechanical Properties of Low-Temperature Carbon Steel Pipe
|Standard||Grade||Tensile Strength (MPa)||Yield Point (MPa)||Elongation (%)|
|ASTM A333||Grade 1||≥ 380||≥ 205||≥ 35||≥ 25|
|Grade 3||≥ 450||≥ 240||≥ 30||≥ 20|
|Grade 4||≥ 415||≥ 240||≥ 30||≥ 16.5|
|Grade 6||≥ 415||≥ 240||≥ 30||≥ 16.5|
|Grade 7||≥ 450||≥ 240||≥ 30||≥ 22|
|Grade 8||≥ 690||≥ 515||≥ 22|
|Grade 9||≥ 435||≥ 315||≥ 28|
|Grade 10||≥ 550||≥ 450||≥ 22|
|Grade 11||≥ 450||≥ 240||≥ 18|
3. Impact Temperature of Seamless and Welded Steel Pipe Strike Temperature Condition
|Grade||The Lowest Temperature for Strike Test|